Monday, July 7, 2008

Marriage



I have been married for 4 1/2 years to my soulmate, Jonathan. I am not saying that life together is always rosey. In fact, we are both very strong willed and determined individuals, which in turn causes a lot of "agree to disagree" arguments! Since having kids, there is not much alone time- we have to really make an effort to be together, but as any married couple with kids would agree, it is a must! It is so easy to get lost in your children and to ignore the marriage on a daily basis. As the female, it is so easy for me to notice not having affection, but men usually don't (except in the bedroom-ha). I see us sitting in rocking chairs after 50 years of marriage looking out at our grandchildren playing in the backyard- I know that sounds cheesy, but we are really that couple.



The one strength in our marriage is also our biggest weakness: independence! We both are so strong willed that we butt heads more than we flirt and agree. Jonathan loves to get me "worked up" which I usually get mad and we fight, but that's ok. That same attitude is what makes us work so hard at "us."

No comments:

Birthdays

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

birthdays

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie